- What is your motivation for submitting this application?
- To list $BAT as an asset on Jet.
- What is your association with the proposed asset?
- Brave was the initial issuer of $BAT.
- What are the key benefits for the Jet Protocol to onboard the asset?
- $BAT has one of the widest distributions on Ethereum and is cross chain. It has the support of a thriving community that would bring traffic and awareness to Jet.
- What are the known limitations of the asset?
- $BAT liquidity on Solana is not very deep at the moment. This move will bring more liquidity.
- Please provide a brief, high-level description of the asset’s native ecosystem (project), including the protocol’s type (peer-to-peer/ peer-to-liquidity/ etc.).
- $BAT (Basic Attention Token), is a token for a decentralized ad exchange. It compensates the browser user for attention while protecting privacy.
- $BAT connects advertisers, publishers, and users and is denominated by relevant user attention, while removing social and economic costs associated with existing ad networks, e.g., fraud, privacy violations, and malvertising. BAT is a payment system that rewards and protects the user while giving better conversion to advertisers and higher yield to publishers.
- Who are the founding members? What is their current involvement with the project?
- Brendan Eich and Brian Bondy are the co-founders of Brave.
- Please indicate the ICO date, initial price, valuation of the token, and total capital raised (both in USD and crypto amounts).
- 8AM PST May 31, 2017 block number 3,798,640
- 6400 BAT per ETH
- Raised: 156,250 in ETH.
- Available for sale: 1,000,000,000 BAT
- How much of the capital raised via the ICO was converted into FIAT (in terms of FIAT currency and amount of tokens?
- No data found
- What was the way of issuing and distributing the tokens? Were there pre-ICO investors?
Investors: Fundamental Labs, ICONIUM, among others.
$24.0M was raised in the ICO on 31 May 2017 with an average price of $0.024 per BAT
Source: BAT Official Website
• BAT Team: 58%
• Administration: 10%
• Marketing: 12%
• Contractors: 13%
• Contingency: 7%
- What is the current token distribution (project team vs. investors vs. public)?
- See token distribution: Here
- Are there any fees generated by the protocol? If yes, please provide details and amounts.
- 70% of the revenue Brave earns through these unobtrusive, privacy-preserving ads is shared directly back with users as Brave Rewards.
- Is the protocol audited? By what firms? Please provide link(s) to the audit documentation.
- Is the protocol open source? If yes, please provide links to the repository.
- Other relevant project data or comments:
- Asset name:
- Asset type (native/ wrapped):
- Please provide a one-sentence description of the asset:
- BAT – the crypto asset for the new Internet economy. Blockchain-based digital advertising.
- What’s the purpose of the asset within its native ecosystem?
- BATs are tokens in a new Blockchain and attention-based digital advertising platform. BATs are sold as a functional good
- Does the asset have any use outside of its native ecosystem (integrated protocols)?
- BAT has the versatility to serve as a tradable cryptocurrency, as well as being staked on centralized exchanges and utilized as a reliable store of value.
- Please provide all Smart Contract addresses. If the project is open source, detail how the Smart Contracts are implemented.
- BAT Github: Here
- Address: EPeUFDgHRxs9xxEPVaL6kfGQvCon7jmAWKVUHuux1Tpz
- What exchange (s) support the asset?
- Cex: Binance, Coinbase, crypto(dot)com, among others. See chart above
- Dex: Orca, Jupiter
- Where is this asset primarily traded? How much liquidity is available in the top venues?
- $15,700 aprox
- Market Cap: $64,065.61
- Please provide 7-day asset trading history (daily aggregated trading volumes for trading pair of asset with USDC).
- See 24hs volumen: Here
- A Pyth oracle is required to successfully onboard an asset to the Jet Protocol. Confirm there is an active Pyth Oracle price feed, or provide insight into the asset’s timeline for onboarding to Pyth.
- How often does the asset drop significantly in price? Please provide a link to the price history.
- See chart below:
- For stablecoins only: Has the asset ever lost the peg? If yes, for what reason?
- For algorithmic stablecoins only: Please provide details on the risks associated with the design.
- For wrapped assets only: Which bridges are used? Are they custodial or non-custodial? Are they audited?
- Portal bridge (Wormhole) is a non-custodial bridge. Audits can be viewed here.
- What amount of asset’s liquidity exists in the integrated protocols (if applicable)?
- Orca: 16.000 USDC
- List any parties interested in taking part in liquidations for the proposed asset type.
- How many active addresses/ users currently hold the asset?
- See holder lists: Here
- Addresses: 428
- Active Addresses: 7
- Current Supply: 321,377.39
- Please provide a brief overview of the tokenomics.
- The initial distribution of Basic Attention Token (BAT) tokens is as follows:
- 66.67% is allocated to Investor
- 20.00% is allocated to User Growth Pool
- 13.33% is allocated to Brave
- Is the asset supply expected to increase or decrease over time? Is there a token burn mechanism? Is the project able to mint more tokens in the future?
- Fixed Supply: 1,500,000,000
- Please explain the staking mechanism (if any).
- Please explain the slashing mechanism (if any).
- Are there tokens on a vesting schedule? If yes, what is that schedule and related vesture limitations?
The max supply of this token is capped at 1,500,000,000. The supply of Basic Attention Token (BAT) has fully vested.
- As of the time of writing, 1,497,353,045 BAT (99.82%) of the total supply of 1,500,000,000 BAT are in circulation.
- Are any tokens allocated for specific purposes or issuance schedules (e.g. liquidity mining)?
- Is the project or the asset owned by any incorporated organization?
- Yes, Brave Software, Inc
- In which jurisdictions was the token issued?
- Brave Software’s headquarters are in San Francisco, California
- Under the jurisdiction of Cayman Island
- Was the token issued as part of a regulatory process (e.g. securities offering)?
- Was the token issued as part of a fundraising process?
- Yes. See fundraising: Here
- Has the project or the asset obtained any legal opinions on the regulatory standing of the token? If yes, please provide links to the relevant documentation.
- No opinion found
- Has the project or the asset had any legal interactions? If so, describe and provide documentation.
Link to project’s white paper:
- Whitepaper: Here
Link(s) to active communities related to the project:
BAT Telegram Group
Link(s) to project’s documentation portal/ source code for the system(s) that interact with the proposed asset:
Link(s) to audits - both procedural and Smart Contracts:
Link(s) to legal opinions:
Link(s) to other legal material:
Other relevant links:
List all relevant Solana addresses here:
- Token Address: EPeUFDgHRxs9xxEPVaL6kfGQvCon7jmAWKVUHuux1Tpz
- Mint Authority: BCD75RNBHrJJpW4dXVagL5mPjzRLnVZq4YirJdjEYMV7
If you have additional marketing material, recorded discussions, or collateral onboarding campaign material, link here:
The poll below has been added by the JetDAO Governance Committee and is solely for signaling purposes to showcase the sentiment of the community.