Launch Collateral for Jet Protocol

I would like to see STEP being added as collateral, upcoming changes with Step’s AMM are going to bring significant changes to their tokenomics and demand for STEP.

4 Likes

$STEP is a no brainer I think

2 Likes

First of all, I want to see SOL, FTT, SRM, RAY and USDC.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m operating on the assumption that volume and amount of wallets are important metrics to consider for candidate tokens.

What are some other metrics I should be thinking about?

2 Likes

Add Sushi, Cope, and Mercurial.

These 3 assets are ‘illiquid, non-productive’ assets for me in Solana ecosystem.

Just sitting in my wallet.

Cheers.

1 Like

It would be huge if I could deposit locked LP positions into Jet

1 Like

Good question, starting with your metrics, I’d also add

• volume (liquidity)
  • number of wallets
  • low volatility
  • predictable worst-cases
  • low correlation with the value of existing collateral, especially during worst-cases

I’m sure there are more. Perhaps we should curate a post describing our criteria for collateral assets. @jrmoreau maybe you’d like to create that thread, with a brief introduction to the spirit of Jet governance?

3 Likes

Thank you for your posts! I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that collateral is naturally conservative, and not the place to search for yield on more speculative products.

The good news is that collateral is only a small part of the picture. We want to build lending and borrowing facilities that allow users to generate yield from anything.

So stick around and help us figure out how to get yield from all of your assets. Try to curate discussion about it.

The next steps are about the community organising, and the dev team building, and all of us figuring out how to communicate effectively.

3 Likes

Those projects are definitely quite interesting. Our garden variety collateral will have to be a more mature kind of asset. Stick around and talk, and remind us about it as those projects progress.

Especially keep thinking of ways to generate yield from collateral. Remember it’s a totally risk-averse pool of capital so they must have negligible risk.

1 Like

@eyevzz Do you think we could generate yield on units of time or is that too esoteric?

What do you think is the most radical thing you could collateralize?

ETH Sol MATIC FTM UNI

1 Like

I think beyond Sol and stables, SRM is probably the most widely help and credible asset on Solana, so if I had to pick one addition, that would be the next token to support.

1 Like

I’d like to see SOL USDC USDT PAI SRM FTT.

A few of the most liquid in Solana ecosystem: SOL, SRM, RAY. Also FTT given FTX support of Solana/Serum.

2 Likes

Liquidity is certainly a great concern - thanks for your input!

Don’t take sub-graded tokens or have extremely high over-collateralization. It will only end badly and users will take advantage to dump tokens.

1 Like

I would recommend going with the top assets and NO meme coins. My recommendation is to start with $SOL, $USDC $USDT $ETH

1 Like

Thanks for your observation! Could you name an example or two of such outcomes?

1 Like

I like the way you think! We can enable lending and borrowing of any old thing, without letting it count as collateral.

1 Like

NFT’s? Tokenized car loans? Why not!

2 Likes