Launch Collateral for Jet Protocol

Need more info - will have a collateral onboarding template proposal soon to measure these up against one another.

Softgate as in the Softgate

So long as FTT would be of benefit to the Jet Protocol, which is the priority, I’d like to see more use cases for what may develop into the highest EV asset in the space

is there a way to display on the website another name for SOL –

or am I the only one who heard myself thinking

“wait what does it mean deposit my SOL here in exchange for money”

,lol.

A key part of Sabers growth strategy is enabling users to use their LP-tokens as collateral. Current TVL is 172m

From their blog:

The biggest advantage of AMMs like Saber is the ability to make locked capital dynamic through LP tokens. We’re currently working with different lending protocols to integrate Saber LP tokens as a form of collateral, which would allow users to earn passive yield with zero cost of capital.

For details, it would probably best to speak directly to their team (they are quite open for collabs)

2 Likes

Hello all. Definitely hearing you on the topic of LP tokens. We probably won’t be ready for them in our MVP, but it makes sense to allow LP token collateral in many instances.

A key question for for any tokens we’d support, whether as collateral or only for lending and borrowing is: are there reliable price feeds provided by on-chain oracles? So one way to prepare the ground for your favourite tokens to be supported by Jet is to encourage their teams to provide those prices feeds.

1 Like

I would like to see the Orca ETH/SOL LP token added as collateral.

Agreed! The core usage of borrowing protocols is to unlock value in a user’s existing tokens.

SOL, ETH, wBTC, FTT, SRM, RAY currently have very little utility other than meagre staking yields. Allowing these to be used as collateral will unlock massive usage from users!

1 Like

I think that UST should be one of the key stables to be borrowed.

I feel as a whole, we should place less emphasis on Tether due to all the scandals that have shrouded them in the past. Even though it has the largest market cap at the moment, it would be great if we could take a principled stand against it.

4 Likes

I think SBF makes a good case for Tether, a principled one – including

here:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/10qB9koBGclR8A6YOA1J8W

and

here (with Vinny Lingham and Alex Mashinsky agreeing):
https://youtu.be/aWo4Kr_adq0?t=2308

For me, Tether matters because people trust it and use it especially outside the US. For those markets, and the China market in particular, I’m in favor of Jet using Tether.

And UST, too, as that comes more and more into Solana.

I will admit, btw, that I have not done a deep dive into Tether myself – because it sounds like quite the rabbit hole to go down for me at the moment.

When I deep deep dive into everything stablecoins down the line, I will have a better formulated opinion on the topic. Until then, I’m dependent on trusting the opinions of others – and on this topic, at least for the present, I resonate with what SBF has to say.

In of his latest interviews (maybe cnbc - who knows now that he does so much) he actually put up a view (super based) saying "actually if it is not backed by 1, the market would just reprice it to its true value
I dont know if this (USDT losing its 1USD peg to the bottom) happening would just cause a massive selloff overall just based on fear but anyway that is a very ‘rational’ take/view i feel and so might be a tad concerning if you think this through
Especially if you have stable borrowing with this

I dont think it will lose the peg in the short (medium?) term but at least on Solana it is not there a lot
Latest data is 0.2B USDT for 1B USDC on Solana
So yeah might entice some funds from ETH or BSC (if BSC uses that all) to come back but then if they do this ETH/BSC → SOL would not you do USDT → USDC?

2 Likes

$Step and UST as a stable, please!

1 Like

Name two tokens you think would be useful to lend and borrow, but that would not count as collateral… go!

2 Likes

COPE

• token live

GRAPE

• token pending
1 Like

I think a google form would better quantify things here. Perhaps list the top 10 from this forum and can have an “add more” option. …instead of scrolling through taking mental snapshots of who wrote what. Would consider that as another consideration factor. Liquidity and “community attraction” I’d put as higher weights.

4 Likes

great suggestion, thank you!

1 Like

The more I think about this, the more I’d really like to see Liquidity Pool tokens being an option for collateral.

3 Likes

$BTC $SOL $SRM $FTT $RAY seems good for a start. They are all Solids

1 Like

SOL as the primary collateral type to be borrowed against by USDC and/or USDT makes sense to me. I also like the traditional Sol DeFi coins other community members are suggesting (SRM, RAY, FTT, etc.)
One thing I have not seen in B+L that I think could be very interesting (and market well towards a specific and imo very high quality customer) is including picks + shovels as collateral types. I’m shilling my bags here a bit but I think having GRT, AR, LPT, YGG, PYTH (when it launches) are valuable because I believe these are specific coins that smart money will want to hold for 10+ years (time in market vs. timing the market). I understand some of these coins are outside the Sol ecosystem and so I’m not sure if it is possible whether through Wormhole or other protocols to include them but I think it’s smart for a B+L protocol to focus on coins that are long term hodl’s and I haven’t seen other B+L’s take this approach yet. Just my two cents

1 Like

has anyone suggested monero and zcash yet?